Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Against All Odds...Missions Conference

The missions conference is around the corner. I am always excited about the missions conference because I think that it helps people connect with the purpose of God for their life. Simply put, as Christians we are called to make disciples of all nations. That means that we are called to reach out to others with the love of Christ. Sure, that begins by reaching out to our neighors, but it goes beyond that to reaching out to those who have no opportunity to hear about the love of Christ.

I think that one of the reasons that I think that the missions conference is particularly healthy for us in our little corner of the world is that we don't have a lot of opportunity to rub sholders with people from other cultures. Nashwauk is monocultural to the max! Don't think that's true? I know of one neighborhood in Chicago that covers the same area as Nashwauk where over 50 different languages are spoken at home!

It's good for us to be reminded that there is a whole world out there that needs to hear the gospel message. I'm looking forward to seeing what God is going to do in us over the next few days. It is my prayer that over the coming years we will see people sent out from out little church to the far corners of the world. Wouldn't that be cool?!

I'm wondering how God might be challenging you this conference? Is it to go on a short term trip? To prepare to serve long term somewhere? To dedicate yourself to prayer in a particular area? To give more radically? What is he doing in your life to reach the nations?

Let me know!

No comments: