Thursday, October 18, 2007

God's Timing

It has been a while since I've posted, but I have to stand in awe of the things that God has been doing. I had no idea how "prophetically" I was writing in my last post. I wrote about how amazed I can be at the way God seems to weave the passage that we are studying into the life of the church. As we started 2 Corinthians we were going to be looking at a passage that talks about the troubles and hardships we face as Christians, the ways God comforts us and the reasons for our afflictions.

I had no idea that the day after we started 2 Corinthians that Kelli would be taken to the hospital and would pass away from cancer later that week. As a church we have been living in the middle of 2 Corinthians. It hasn't been fun at all, but God is the God of all comfort and he has been there in the midst of it.

It has been fascinating to watch how the truths of the passage have played out in our midst:
  • We have found that the Lord is there with us in the middle of the storm.
  • We have discovered that the painful experiences of the past help us to minister in the present.
  • We have been joined together in prayer and supporting one another.
  • We have been put in the position of relying on God.
While I would rather not go through the struggles and somehow be able to simply learn about them in a book, I know that God's ways are always the best ways. He is building his Kingdom here. He is using us. As we continue to follow him, he will be with us and will bring comfort during the times of trial thereby allowing us to do greater things for his glory.

No comments: