Wednesday, February 13, 2008

The Ship is Leaving Port!

My meetings are still going on, but I can tell that the ship is not only moving, but it is leaving port!

I am amazed at the people that are rising to the surface and taking on leadership responsibilities. It looks like in many ways the hardest part of the whole process is going to by my "letting go" and allowing others to run with their ministries. Duct tape may be involved here.

Actually, I enjoy watching other people "make it happen" because I know the sense of satisfaction that they are going to derive from allowing God to use them. Being a Christian is not a spectator sport. It involves following Christ and becoming involved in what he is doing. Helping other people step into ministry is an awesome thing to watch.

Last night the Trustees met. After getting the ball rolling, I left the meeting and allowed them to sort out themselves how they wanted to tackle their ministry. After waiting around a while I looked in to see how they were doing and saw that they were praying. I thought that was terrific. We have a bunch of guys on the Trustees who are seeking God for how to do their ministry.

We're leaving port and heading for open waters!

No comments: