Monday, February 4, 2008

The Ship is Moving!

One of the goals this year is to work on the organizational structure of the church. To make that happen right now means a bunch of meetings for me, which is okay because it is going to get us where we need to go. The best part about these meetings is that they are with people that I enjoy being around and working with. What a great bunch of people God has put together!

Sunday we had a board meeting and tonight night we had an organizational meeting for the deacons and deaconesses. There was a wonderful spirit of cooperation at these meetings and a leader arose for each of these groups. That has been a real matter of prayer for me. The next step of growth for our church is to see strong leaders assume responsibility for much of the ministry that takes place, which will allow me to focus on the Word of God and prayer. Sounds alot like a New Testament church to me!

One person who had been with me at both meetings said, "The ship is moving, and once it's underway it is much easier to steer!" Amen!

No comments: