Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Vision Saturday

This afternoon I walked through the new building again. They have put the exterior metal on the north wall so the wind has been stopped. Even though it was only in the teens it wasn't too cold to spend time walking around the place and praying for what God wants to do there.

And that leads to the next obvious question: What is it that God wants to do there?

That's where our Vision Saturday (January 12) comes in.

We're setting aside the day to come together to pray and seek God for his direction. I believe that during the day the Lord is going to meet with us and begin to show us some things that He wants to do in and through us over the next year. I have some thoughts, but the purpose of this Vision Saturday is not for me to dump what I want to see happen on everyone else. Instead, it is to lead us in seeking God together and allowing Him to speak to us.

I'm excited about it. When we have done this in the past I've always walked away with a greater appreciation for the people in the church and tremendous anticipation for what God wants to do in our midst. It should be a great day. Hope to see you there!

No comments: